Pregnancy can be lovely. It can also be like a fresh hell dimension where even the tiniest things get on one’s nerves.
It’s taxing being a human incubator and a lightning rod for the ideas (right or wrong) that everyone around you has about what pregnancy and parenthood entail!
The all-too-relatable scenes here are from the horrifying but humorous worries of Line Severinsen in her own family life.
She’s a Norwegian artist and mom with a growing collection of interpretations of her parental world.
Here are five of my favorites.
1. Sometimes you can’t stop obsessing over when certain uncontrollable things will happen.
2. Sometimes your hormones make you really want to get it on at the same time your partner is getting a little skittish about disturbing your “tenant.”
3. OMG — touching my belly, could you NOT?!
4. You’ve never wanted certain things so badly until you’ve been told you can’t have them.
5. Just when you think you’ve had enough of carrying and catering to a little growing human in utero and beyond, you find you can’t tear yourself away.
This is all par for the course!
A lot of us have been there, are in the midst of it, or know someone who is. So send a little reassurance people’s way and let them know this is all perfectly normal — and maybe even a little laughable.